Image Downloader Problems

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Image Downloader Problems

Postby bradleyk » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:01 pm

I am having a problem with the Image Downloader. It is unable to download images from a Canon Powershot G3 running under Windows XP Pro. I have tried both the free versions as well as the shareware versions and have installed the additional Canon installation package.

The system is unable to autodetect the camera, and it does not work if I try to manually configure it. When I try to autoconfig the system, it quickly passes through the configuring Canon screen and then takes a long time on the Sierra Imaging one. If I go into the Scanner and Camera wizard and go to the PowerShot G3 properties page and run the camera test, it works fine.

I am using the 4.02 version of the cam2pc.

I was wondering if anyone else has expereinced these problems. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve the problem?

Best Regards,

Brad
bradleyk

One More Thing...

Postby bradleyk » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:45 pm

One more thing. When I unplug the camera and run the configuration wizard, it immediately times out and say "no camera detected." Thus I'm inclined to believe that it sees the camera, but has a hard time recognizing it for some reason.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad
bradleyk

G3 Problem Solved

Postby bradleyk » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:50 am

I found that the G3 has two different modes for transferring images to the PC: PTP and Normal. The cam2pc software requires that the camera be in Normal mode for the download handler to be able to communicate with the camera.

Cheers,

bk
bradleyk

Return to cam2pc