cam2pc 4.0.1 Image Browser - Anyone seen this problem?

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

cam2pc 4.0.1 Image Browser - Anyone seen this problem?

Postby preacher » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:16 pm

When using the image browser, the program works great when browsing
directories on the hard drive. However, when I inserted a CD that
contained directories (directories created by a previous
version of cam2pc) of photos the left hand pane showed the
individual directories of the CD but the right hand side was
empty. When I clicked on one of the directories, a message
box popped up saying "The parameter is incorrect". It
is not possible to view thumbnails of ANY CD and the only way to
view the pictures on the CD is to select "slideshow"
or "fullscreen". I then opened cam2pc 3.0 on the same computer
and was able to view the pictures just fine.

If anyone is having problems like this please let me know, perhaps we can isolate common denominators and figure out what causes it.
preacher

Re: Anyone seen this?

Postby bilzmale » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:18 am

Hi, Have noticed a similar behaviour (blank right screen) when trying to Shift + Click all files listed in Details view. The right screen blanks and an icon appears in the system tray - a blue circle with a ? in it.
Sometimes if I click back to Thumbnails and back again to Details the files reappear but not always. No such problem in click selecting thumbnails.
Am using freeware Ver 4 and WinXP Home SP1.

Bill
bilzmale

Postby preacher » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same kind of problem, Bill. I began to think that it may be because I had both version 3.0 and 4.0.1 both installed at the same time (residing in different directories). I uninstalled both versions and them installed the new 4.0.2 version. Unfortunately, I experienced the same behavior. BTW the 3.0 version worked perfectly. Nabocorp says that he is unable to reproduce the problem. At one point I was able to get cam2pc to draw the box of a .mov file when I clicked on "tools" and "help" but only the portion of the box that was covered by the drop down list of options. That led me to believe that the problem was perhaps with my video driver. However, when I copy the directories from a CD to the hard drive I can view them just fine. So I am still searching for the answer.
preacher

Maybe a Microsoft problem?

Postby bilzmale » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:36 am

Hi preacher,
After last posting I found similar behaviour in Outlook Express 6. Got blank panel when tried to Shift + Click emails and blue ? icon in Tray but this time it identified itself as OE (pop up hint) icon.

Bill
bilzmale

perhaps a cd-rom driver problem?

Postby Eddy Impact » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:26 pm

I have experienced this problem as well but I don't remember if it was on my work or home computer... I just checked - it must be happening on my work computer... I'll reproduce it and post the details ... nasty bug though, i remember it being fairly frustrating...
Eddy Impact

Return to cam2pc