Cam2PC > does not work at all

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Cam2PC > does not work at all

Postby Kampfdackel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Sorry, just posted everything in German.

Since version 4.61 Cam2PC doesn't work at all. It seems to have a lot of problems. When I start the program, it crashes as soon as it tries to read pticure data. This ist not specific to a camera, it occured ALWAYS!!!

I cannot use Cam2PC any more - it is a pity, it used to be a great program, and unfortunately I just purchased it. How about a fix or a cash back?
Kampfdackel

Postby Jem » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:31 am

I am sorry to tell you that you probably wasted your money. The developer of cam2pc has not visited this forum, offered support or even replied to e-mails for a long time, and the product is currently very buggy. I personally have reported this site and tried at least to stop the download sites from promoting it, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Read through this forum for the other 'angry e-mails' but, for the moment, I would suggest you look for something else. I only come back here to help if I can but I'm an Adobe Photoshop Elements user now - can't find anything better.

All the best.
Jem

Postby michaelbudney » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:42 pm

I found a bug that sounds similar to this. In my case it was trying to load a network folder that no longer existed. I was able to edit the registry and replace the bad location with a good location.
michaelbudney

Postby Ardwych » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:23 pm

If non-existent network object might be the trouble clean up the deaduns in Network (neighbourhood) by using the Del key on them.

That might help.
Ardwych

Return to cam2pc