New version 4.6.0 crashes when downloading from card reader

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

New version 4.6.0 crashes when downloading from card reader

Postby freddycam » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:52 pm

After I figured that Mr. Nabo Corp wasn\'t supporting cam2pc anymore I got used to the idea that I would have to live with 4.5.2 forever, despite its very annoying sidecar file renaming bug.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a new version posted when I checked the website today. So I tried 4.6.0 right away and went straight back to 4.5.2, because the downloader simply doesn't work anymore.

I only use the downloader function in the free version. I configure the renaming pattern to be Y-%m-%d %{substr:4:4}.%{ext} and specify H:\\DCIM\\ as my downloading source path.

The new version 4.6.0 simply crashes at that stage. Zaappppp! and it\'s gone. The older version had no problems downloading from a card reader.

And one more question to nabocorp - is there a way to configure the downloader to simply download from a card reader without having to plug in your camera at least once? When installing from scratch, there seems to be no way past the set-up wizard and that has no option for downloading from a directory (a card reader is nothing more than a disc drive on the system).
I even forgot where my camera USB cable was - I never want to use it ever again. Downloading via USB connection is slow and silly. My card reader is 10x as fast.

ok, rant over. I am glad that a new version is out. It shows something is happening. And I will check back at this site more regularly and try out the next version. So far 4.6.0 has been a dud.

Cheers
freddycam

Postby solenostomus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 pm

The downloader works in the 4.6.1 trial version. Is there going to be a free edition ?

Thanks
solenostomus

Return to cam2pc