4.0.1 eval. Version Questions and ideas

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

4.0.1 eval. Version Questions and ideas

Postby Garfield » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:25 pm

Hi,

I´m testing cam2pc as an alternativ tool instead of the with my camera (Casio QV-5700 1GB microdrive) delivered software. It´s a nice part of software and I guess I´ll register it.
But there are some little points that are less good...

My Casio produces some system-files and a hidden directory (for each day) with thumbnails (320x240) of each picture. When cam2pc downloads the DCIM directory it copies or moves all files in that directory including systemfiles and thumbnails to my harddisk. The thumbnails do not have any exif-data so they all get copied to a directory "1980-01-01".
Messy but easy to kill :)

So here are my ideas and wishes...

an editable list of fileextentions (jpg, tif, mov, avi ...) wich cam2pc should copy/move or ignore. so systemfiles wouldn´t get copied (but deleted when moving... :) )
a possibility to ignore thumbnails (smaller than x*y, located in directories called "X"...)
an option that files without exif-data (f.e. scans) get copied/moved to an directory named on file creation-date
a possibility to skip allready copied files (for example: create a file c2p.log in the source picturedirectory to mark these pics as copied)

I´m on my 8th day of testing and I will go on...

thank´s for your work

garf
Garfield

Return to cam2pc