Using two digitals cameras

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Using two digitals cameras

Postby deltaa » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:35 pm

Hello,
I'am discovering this excelent software, and I have a question :
Is it possible to use 2 digitals cameras to transfer pictures.
Cameras are differents (one kodack, and one samsung), so the directory to import picture is different.
So I need two context, depending of the camera detection.
Is it clear?
And is it possible?
Thank you in advance.
deltaa

Postby nabocorp » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Hello,

except for playing with the registry, there is no easy way to do this with cam2pc.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby vinc.er » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:32 pm

Hello,

I have the same issue... I also use 2 digitals cameras (a Canon Powershot and a Nikon D80) but cannot use CAM2PC to transfer file from the both cameras without changing all the configuration.

I think it could be a nice feature (camera profile for example) for a new release of this excelent software (many people have severals cameras).

Regards...
vinc.er

Postby mcfrag » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:10 pm

nabocorp, you could add few new variables to create template for the destination dir name:

%l - label of the memory card (its easy to set different labels for each card)
%c - EXIF camera model tag.

Using above mentioned tags to create the folder name should solve problem for cameras that use the same download protocol.

For cameras that use different methods of connection with PC - I can reccomend the internal/external card reader. With solution described above - it should solve all problems.
mcfrag

Postby ScottK » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:50 pm

For myself, I think this would be extreamly simple to address by simply allowing multiple "profiles" for downloading. When the downloader appears, have a dropdown where you can select the profile. A profile would allow you to define different destinations (based on camera, user/photographer, or whatever other criteria you chose) between profiles. No maker notes (though that would be a nice option), no registry hacking, nothing fancy.

The next extention to this would be to allow multiple destinations per profile. For example, when downloading pictures for my photography, I would like to be able to first place an untouched copy into an archive directory, which I will burn off to DVD; I then want to place a second copy into a working folder where I actually do my editing. I want to be able to set the read-only attribute on the copy that goes into the archival folder; I would want to transform (i.e. rotate) the copy that goes into the working folder, as well as set several IPTC tags.

But, for now, I'd just love to see v. 4.6.0 work. :wink:
ScottK

Postby Michael » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:46 pm

This is a very old wish of mine. I already asked for it 3 years ago

http://www.nabocorp.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

but in the meantime i work with 2 reg-files, changing my \"profiles\" :?
Michael

Return to cam2pc