Bug Report and Suggestions on 4.0.0

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Bug Report and Suggestions on 4.0.0

Postby Achim Dreyer » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:17 am

Hi,

A few comments on the new Cam2PC version 4.0.0. (I'm running it on WinME). I really like to program and these are meant to help its development, let me know what I can do (testing?) to help!

The introduction of drag'n-drop functionality is a relief! And the ability to use Exif data in the WebGalleries is REALY GREAT!!!.

Bugs found running Cam2pc 4.0.0 on WinME:

Main Window:
The "My Favourite Folders" list displays only up to 5 folders. When I added a 6th folders it was added to the list (the menu changed to "delete current folder", but not shown anymore. When deleted one of the first 5 folders from the list the folder added as the 6th folder showed up in 5th position.

In the Instant Web Gallery Dialog:
When I change the background color the information I entered into site folder and gallery title is lost (reset to blank).

In the Custom Web Gallery dialog/generation:
When the gallery was supposed to be opened in my browser (Netscape 7.1) the URL read %1 and the gallery didn't open.

On the Folders tab the Target folder selection appears as a simple text box without a browse button. Since the text box extends all the way to the right edge of the (non-resizable) dialog it could be that the layout actually contains the browse button but that it is clipped.

When I selected the image size for the generation to be 640 pixels I get the largest dimension to be 642 pixel.

At the bottom of the dialog the "Save ..." and "Back" button are overlapping without any space between them.

Suggestions for Enhancements:

In the Enhance window:

A Save&Next button would be covenient. And the possibility to set a JPG compression level and to specify a filename for the save operation if one doesn't want to override the existing file (the option to specify a seperate folder for saves or to automatically append a postfix like _en to the file name would be a dream).

The Sharpen button is a good start, but to adjust the USM to different pictures the parameters Amount (%), Radius (Pixel), and Threshold (levels) are very useful (like in Photoshop or mail me for more explainaition).

Web Gallery generation:
The approach to store the comments to the pictures in the Exif data has a drawback: when I want to use the same picture in different galleries with different comments I have to copy the whole picture just to store the comment. It would be preferable to be able to use a comment not stored in the Exif data but saved with the gallery.
Achim Dreyer

Postby nabocorp » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:52 am

Achim,

thanks for all this feedback. I got this too late for 4.0.1 but I'll look at it for a next version.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc