Few minors on the 4.0 version

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Few minors on the 4.0 version

Postby Pieter » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:52 pm

I've tried the freeware version so far and here are my few minor remarks:

(and the major remark that even for the freeware version the improvement is relevant.)

I still use the Windows explorer to move folders:
I create a folder at download like: 2003-10-12-WhatIdid
Also, I have three main folders:
download, closed (editing,... done) and archived (duplicated on CD)
So I move the photo folders along and in Cam2PC this is still not so easy:
I prefer to select the folder in the left hand tree, then press <CTRL>x, go to the target folder and there press <CTRL>v. This doesn't work in cam2pc and all other attempts I made to do it another way seemed less efficient then moving the folders in explorer when I finished my work in cam2pc.

I selected the style "small buttons" with "selective text on right". This suits me quite well, but typicalle the text appears next to those icons for which I don't need it, e.g. the rotate buttons. I will not go into discussion what buttons need text, because I'm aware that no-one will agree. That's why I think it might be better to allow me somehow to configure the text I want next to what button. Just an idea, really minor.

Then again my thing: I've seen I can set the transition speed in seconds. I hope you continue this way, enabling even more control in the fade or e.g. several different fade styles (and that per slide):
a fade can start slow and end fast, go continuous, start fast and end slow,...
Pieter

Postby nabocorp » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:53 am

Pieter,

directory copy/cut/paste is available in the tree with version 4.0.1.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc