Canon PowerShot S45: no files found

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Canon PowerShot S45: no files found

Postby Sander » Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:25 pm

Hi,

I installed cam2pc and the Canon support. Cam2pc detects my Canon PowerShot S45, but is getting an error when trying to download the images ("Error while getting list of files") or when trying to "List Files" ("No files found!!").
Anybody have the same problem? Or does somebody know what is wrong?

Sander
Sander

problem with Canon S10

Postby Remco » Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:11 am

Hi,

I've got the same problem that Sander has.

Maybe someone could be kind enough to tell us what's wrong?

Thank you in advance.

The cam2pc program looks like it could be very usefull and I might even register it but only if it works....

Remco
Remco

Postby Terry Sammon » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:02 am

Hi!
Don't know if this might help or not! Here goes.

I am using a Fuji Fine Pix 2600 and have had cam2pc since the first day released (3.01). Worked great but I was away over Christmas doing other things. Tried to use it yesterday and today and got the very same error message. Everything was as it HAD been but when I clicked on download now I got the dreaded message. Anyway I went to the downloads tonight and downloaded a "fresh" copy just in case, loaded it over the old one and presto everything is back to normal again! I somehow suspect the files got corrupted. Anyway it is an easy fix if it works for you folks. :P
Terry Sammon

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:01 am

Thanks Terry but the problem they have seems more related to the Canon stuff. Unfortunatly, I have no way to get a S45 or a S10 camera and therefore I have no way to reproduce the bug and fix it. I tried with a G2 and with an Ixus and it worked fine.

Sorry.
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Postby Remco » Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:48 pm

Although cam2pc doesn't work with my Canon S10 it works perfectly with my Sandisk CF card reader.
I've also used cam2pc with an Olympus camera and had no problem at all.

Cam2pc works much better to transfer the photos to the pc than the program that comes with the camera.
Remco

Postby Kristian » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:48 pm

Hi,

I am the owner of a Canon Powershot S20, and I face the same problem on Win98SE (too bad because the software looks great).
I have downloaded the latest version of the USB driver available on powershot.com (v3.80), no change.
Maybe the pictures are stored on the card in another directory than DCIM (I heard of DC97 and PWRSHOT, but no change).
Hope you will be able to correct. If you do, I'm interested to know what was going on.
Kristian

Return to cam2pc