Powershot G3 not detected

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Powershot G3 not detected

Postby christian.hensen » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:37 am

All,

I tried to use 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 with Canon support to read pics from my G3. Without any success. The camera is powered on and connected. I can even browse it with the XP's Explorer.

But the Wizzard from cam2pc is not able to find the camera. It either looks for a while then prompting that no camera was detected or fails totally and hangs.

Any idea of what to do to overcome that problem?

I saw many G3s filed on the website as "working"....

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Christian
christian.hensen

get the cam2pc-Canon-Support-Pack!

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:01 am

Hi Christian!

It seems like you haven't installed the canon-camera-support-pack for cam2pc. Cam2pc needs this extra package to be able to communicate with canon cameras. You can get it from the cam2pc website:

http://www.nabocorp.com/cam2pc/download.php

I had the same problem with my canon S45, installed the package and now it works all fine.

CU,
Tom
Tom

Postby christian.hensen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:29 pm

Hi Tom,

yes, you are right! I installed it. Works perfectly after changing the USB mode in the G3 from "PTP" to "Normal".

Great software. I only have a slight problem with the file names. If they should remain unchanged, cam2pc deletes the first character of the file names. So, all files are named "mgxxxx.jpg" instead of "imgxxxx.jpg". As far as I observed this is connected to the German language packet. I can live without. If I have some more details on that, I will post it.

Thanks for your help!

Christian
christian.hensen

Return to cam2pc