some bugs (Transfer/Directory Creation)

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

some bugs (Transfer/Directory Creation)

Postby Tom » Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:31 pm

First of all, I love cam2pc! It is easy to use, powerful and offers (almost) all the features I need. I especially like the lossless auto-transform and the resize and mail feature of multiple pictures. But I still found some minor bugs:

My setup: cam2pc 3.1.2, Canon Powershot S45, Windows 2000 SP1

Options/Transfer/Directory Creation: (important!)

If I define a mask to generate the destination folder, it is not possible anymore to freely choose a destination folder in the ImageDownloader. If I enter a folder mask like "D:\Pictures\[%Y-%m-%d] %P" the pictures are always stored under "D:\Pictures" and if I enter a mask like "[%Y-%m-%d] %P" (without a specific path) the pictures are always saved in the current directory (usually the directory of the cam2pc executable) no matter what folder I choose in the "to"-field of the ImageDownloader window.

Tree display in the ImageBrowser

When I right-click on a folder and create a sub-directory the tree should be updated so that the new folder is being displayed in the tree. It would be nice if the new folder becomes the selected folder, too.

Tools/Optimize Thumbnail Database

Whenever I hit optimize, the ImageBrowser crashes with an illegal "read"-operation. So I have to delete the database let cam2pc build it again.

Options/Transfer/Directory Creation

Hitting the little "choose directory"-button followed by hitting "cancel" inserts a random 3 character string in the folder-mask-textbox instead of leaving the textbox unchanged.

New feature ideas:
- drag-and-drop for moving pictures to different folders! cut/paste works fine, but dragging pictures onto a folder in the tree-display would be even better.

- what about a lossless red-eye-correct-feature that only recompresses the changed parts of the picture (similar to the dead-pixel-removal-feature)?

Keep up the good work!
Tom
Tom

Return to cam2pc