Name of downloaded pictures is not correct...

the software that eases your everyday life with your digital pictures

Name of downloaded pictures is not correct...

Postby Joerg » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:19 am

Hi,
first of all I would like to say that cam2pc is a great tool - fast and easy and much better than the canon-software!!

I have a Canon Ixus 330 and I'm trying cam2pc for the first time (ver. 3.1.2). I have some problems with the naming of the files downloaded. Maybe someone can help me to handle this.

I want the name of the files just exactly as saved on the memory card (e.g. "IMG1000.jpg") but cam2pc saves the file as "MG1000.jpg" (the renaming option is turned off) - I even tried downloading it with the renaming option turned on "%{name}.%{ext}" but it still was downloaded as "MG1000.jpg" instead of "IMG.....")) ...? what am I doing wrong?

cam2pc saves the files with the date of the day and time downloaded (I mean the "modified" date in the explorer, not the filename). But I would prefere to keep the timestamp of the files as saved on the camera, I mean the day and time the picture was taken. Is this possible? I don't have a clue how to change this in the settings....

Thank you!
Joerg

Postby nabocorp » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:09 am

Hello,

1. this is strange bug never seen before. One possible workaround is to use "I%{name}.%{ext}" as the renaming mask.
If I duplicate this bug I'll surely fix it!

2. this will be sorted out in then next version.

Regards,
nabocorp
nabocorp
Site Admin

Return to cam2pc